The Most Amazing Cake EVER!

Amazing Cake

Recently, my friend Mary decided to host a small dinner at her house.  I used to frequent these dinners when I lived in Chicago.  Now I must live vicariously through the stories and photos via email.  This time she decided to torment me by sending a picture of the dessert they devoured at the end of the meal.  The picture was so amazing I had to share it.  She said the recipe was from a popular post on Smitten Kitchen.

Just look at it.  Isn’t it just the most delicious work of art you have ever seen????  Of course, words can not describe how wonderful it tastes.  Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to try the cake out for yourself and let me know what you think.

Mary owns a wonderful shop in the Chicagoland area called Gourmet in a Day. If you live near Chicago,  you should check her shop out.  The food is amazing and simple to prepare at home.

Comments

1. donna l says

I was going thru my e-mails and found this from Mary. I had the pleasure of working with her for awhile, and she had given me one of her cookie recipes, it was great. I can not wait to try this!

2. Mindy says

wow – all the delicious looking food – I am getting hungry just looking at the pictures. I have tasted the cake and must say it is sinful it’s so good. Mary move back to MN.. we NEED your cooking skills close by!

3. Rose says

Unlike other lucky people in this blog, I have NOT had the privilege of having tasted this culinary coup. But I have had other (perhaps lesser) treats prepared by Mary and they are all TDF (to die for).

4. Miss Mary says

Maybe if you’re all good little boys and girls I’ll make it for you at our next Blues Fest gathering!
    It’s only eight months away!

5. Katy says

I have tasted this cake. It is so heavenly that my mouth watered at the sight of this picture.

And my roommate says, “It’s the best M*****F****** cake ever. And I know cake.” She’s a bit crass, but she does know cake.

6. Stephanie says

I was one of the lucky ones at the dinner!! Words can not describe the experience! I felt guilty eating it at first because it was so beautiful. But, that’s what pictures are for!

7. Scott(the ex-baker) says

I used to own a very high end bakery in Chicago and I have to say that the looks of this cake would rank right up there with our finest creations and knowing Mary’s culinary skills I’m sure that it tastes as good if not better than it looks!

Trackbacks