I live in Pittsburgh where the Steelers play. Having only lived in the city for a few months and not much of a football fan, I still find it humorous how much black and yellow gets spread across the city this time of year.
While at the grocery store the other day waiting for the cashier to scan our small bounty of fresh vegetables, tender meats and ice cream. Behind us were carts overflowing with buffalo chicken wings, bags of chips, tubs of dips and gallons of soda. Clearly, people were stocking up for the big Super Bowl Game this weekend.
This is my idea of a simple and easy appetizer that will be a perfect addition to your Super Bowl Party. The recipe came from my friend Aimee. Her talents for flavor are not just limited to great appetizers. She can shake a mean martini. Who knows, maybe some of those delicious concoctions might find their way on here.
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen meatballs
- 1 (12 oz.) jar grape jelly
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle spicy BBQ sauce
- Pour the meatballs, grape jelly and BBQ sauce into a crock pot and stir until well combined.
- Cook the mixture on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours until completely cooked through. Serves about 60 – 64 bite-sized meatballs.