I originally wasn’t planning to post this recipe because I thought its simplicity would never interest any of you. However, I realized the simplicity is what makes it interesting. With really good ingredients like fresh baked bread and sharp cheddar cheese, you too can turn a classic grilled ham and cheese sandwich into a masterful meal.
Of course, you can’t forget to pair your sandwich with a great salad. Here are a few of my favorites for you to check out.
- Radish & Spinach Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- Tomato Feta Salad with Basil Parsley Vinaigrette
- Make-Your-Own Wedge Salad
- Pear Lettuce Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- Herbed Goat Cheese Salad
- Classic Potato Salad: My Way
- 2 slices homemade bread
- 1 Tbl. spreadable butter
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Evenly spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Preheat the grill pan to medium heat. Place one slice of bread butter side down on the preheated pan.
- Layer the sandwich ingredients with a slice of cheese, ham and the other slice of cheese. Top with the final slice of bread with the buttered side facing toward you.
- Allow the sandwich to toast for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the sandwich and grill for an addition 1-3 minutes or until golden brown. If you want to create the Panini experience, press the sandwich with a heat safe heavy object after it is flipped.