This recipe has a long tradition for being a holiday staple in my family. I can’t remember a time when it wasn’t smack square in the center of the table with at least one of my siblings screaming for more “green stuff”! Even now that we are adults, my siblings still call it “green stuff”.
I needed something super easy for a St. Patrick’s Day themed party coming up. This salad was the first thing that came to mind as a universal favorite. Plus, I figured the light green color from the pistachio pudding would be a natural fit for the theme.
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes pistachio flavored instant pudding
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini-marshmallows
- 1 ½ (8 oz) containers Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup crushed pistachio or walnuts (optional)
- Mix together the pistachio pudding and crushed pineapple until well combined in a large mixing bowl. Next add the marshmallows to the mixture and fold together. Finally, fold in the Cool Whip and optional nuts until everything is completely combined. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to blend.