This sandwich is, by far, one of my all time favorite lunches. The picture says it all. It’s so easy to make. It’s packed full of fresh flavors. It’s just darn good. Enough said!
BLT with Pesto Goat Cheese
Author: Culinary Cory
Recipe Type: Sandwich
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 1 loaf herbed focaccia bread, about 8" square
- 2 - 3 oz. Pesto Goat Cheese, plain also works well
- 1 ½ cup spring mix lettuce, loosely packed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 slices (about 2 whole) tomato
- kosher salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat your broiler on high. Slice the focaccia bread into four even pieces, and then slice each piece in half lengthwise. Place the bread slice cut-side-up on a sheet pan. Evenly spread the goat cheese on each slice. Broil the bread for 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the bread from the broiler and begin to layer the remaining ingredients onto of the bottom slice. I used two slices of bacon and two slices of tomato for each sandwich. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper onto of the tomatoes. Cap the sandwich with the top and enjoy. Makes 4 sandwiches.
I used focaccia bread because it was on sale at my local bakery. However, any hearty bread that can handle being toasted will work well.