The keys to potluck success I’ve learned over the years are to keep the food simple for transportation purposes and serve familiar favorites with my own twist to add interest. I reviewed my calendar recently and realized I had six potluck parties to attend in December! That’s a lot of Crockpot fare in my very near future. To help break-up the string of heavy options, I’ve decided to focus my energies on contributing trays of crunchy freshness for such festivities.
I first served this recipe at a Thanksgiving potluck. The coolness of the ranch seasoning worked perfectly with the boldness of the blue cheese. Of course, I couldn’t help but sneak in a bit of color with some chipped green onions and red peppers. The potluck guests devoured the tray in a matter of minutes! I guess that means the recipe is a keeper.
- 1 (16 oz.) tub sour cream
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 green onions, white and green parts
- 1/3 cup small diced red pepper
- Thinly slice both the white and green parts of the green onion. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Chill for one hour to allow for the dip to thicken. Makes 2 cups of dip. Serve with your favorite fresh vegetables.