I have to admit it’s been awhile since I’ve had an egg salad sandwich. The idea popped in my head while sashaying through my local market in search of a few necessities. I discovered a bag of the most adorable dinner rolls and thought they would be a perfect vehicle for the egg salad.
What makes this recipe a little different is the crisp bacon pieces and celery. It’s a great balance of flavor that also gives the mini sandwiches a nice crunch. Plus, you can’t deny the cuteness factor of making them mini.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shells removed
- 1 celery stalk, small diced
- 2-3 strips of bacon, rough chopped
- 3 Tbl. mayo
- ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- pepper and paprika
- 4 – 6 baked dinner rolls, halved
- Fry bacon in a small sauté pan until crispy. Remove from the grease and drain on paper towels. Allow bacon to cool.
- Roughly chop hard-boiled eggs and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add celery, mayo, Dijon, and cooled bacon to the eggs. Season the mixture with pepper and paprika. Mix until well combined.
- Chill the egg salad mixture for at least 15 minutes. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the egg salad mixture in the center of each dinner roll. Makes 4 – 6 mini sandwiches.